Using the InfluenceMap model in the climate space, the EIRIS Foundation is developing a similar methodology, scoring model, and database for Social LobbyMap.
Previous consultation with several civil society organisations and investment initiatives confirmed the need for a Social LobbyMap and helped decide on topics to assess.
Applying the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and other international standards, EIRIS Foundation will develop a methodology to measure the business sector’s political engagement against nine themes (consisting of the 5 ILO Core Labour Standards):
- Mandatory human rights due diligence
- Supply chains
- Stakeholder engagement
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Forced Labour
- Child Labour
- Discrimination at work
- Health and safety
The analysis will explore publicly available data regarding corporate political engagement, such as consultation responses and company disclosures.
EIRIS Foundation will initially focus on the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive, with the view to applying the methodology to other relevant human rights policies.
EIRIS Foundation is keen to hear from any stakeholders interested in shaping this initiative.
How can you get involved?
- Help us crowd-source knowledge: Let us know if we are heading in the right direction by completing this short survey – Social LobbyMap Stakeholder Survey.
- Become a supporter or ally: Let us know in case you are interested in being more closely involved in the project, for example by contributing expertise or by becoming an active user or disseminator of our upcoming research findings.
- Please send your feedback and comments, and/or get in touch in case you would like to have a follow up conversation or know someone we should be talking to.
Contact: [email protected]