EIRIS Foundation seeking 3 new Trustees
The EIRIS Foundation is currently looking for three new trustees who will be members of its Board of Directors and help the Foundation increase the impact of responsible investment and business.
The Foundation’s work presently focusses on a number of areas:
· Helping charities and other civil society organisations to align their investments with their missions and gain the support of other investors in advancing those objectives;
· Helping individual savers and investors maximise to impact of their investments and savings on economic transformation;
· Enhancing the impact of Corporate Responsibility with an increasing focus on transformation, purpose and contribution in addition to good corporate citizenship;
· Increasing the impact of investor engagement with companies as part of a focus on overall economic impact alongside responsible investment of individual portfolios.
We provide practical tools and seek to advance the agenda of resilient, equitable economic transformations: combining evidence-based advocacy with practical support that advances long-term sustainable wealth creation. We build this work on collaborative partnerships and our 30+ years experience in the field of responsible investment.
The main requirements for new trustees are:
· Sound governance experience;
· Interest in and some knowledge of ethical investment/corporate responsibility;
· Ability to attend four meetings a year in London or by Zoom and participate in other Board/EIRIS activities from time to time.
On this occasion we are particularly interested in identifying new trustees with:
· Practical experience of responsible investment (particularly asset owner perspectives);
· Experience of corporate responsibility from the inside;
· Other relevant experience of greening finance or financing the green;
· In identifying candidates who meet these criteria, we want to improve the diversity of our board to include those identifying as BAME and to strengthen our gender diversity further. We also hope to identify younger trustees at an early stage of their careers.
Trustees/Board members are not paid though reasonable expenses are met.
We have assets of £2m, half of which we plan to spend over the next five years in building a sustainable business model in partnership with other funders and sources of income. We hope that trustees will play an increasing role in our fundraising strategy across that period.
The closing date for the initial round of applications is Friday 4th December at 1pm. We plan to hold interviews by Zoom on Monday 7th in the afternoon and Wednesday 9th December in the morning.
Further details and application forms can be obtained and uploaded here when completed. If you then want an informal conversation with David Bent who chairs the Board, please email email@example.com to arrange a time.